Friday, September 5, 2014

Hello Kitty - Challenges

I am entering this card in the Fantabulous Cricut  card challenge #226 For The Kids Theme.  I'll be sending this card to my nephew to cheer him on in Football and Band.

I am also entering it in the Crafty Cardmakers challenge  #122 Dry Embossing, Make an Impression. I made several cards and used lots of my embossing items to do as the challenge said and really make some impressions.  I finally settled on this white on white embossing with Hello Kitty.  It made a simple card elegant.

Pink Elephant Challenge TPE266 Back to School.  This card is for my nephew at Harper High School.  Go Longhorns!






This is a square card base.  I also let the natural embossing of the black paper be the upside, so there are layers of texture.
Cricut Hello Kitty cut
Stickles Green
Scroll Work Embossing Folder

Often the seemingly simplest cards take more work than one would think.  It's hilarious how long it took me to get this card done.

6 comments:

J said...

I love this card - ideal for a child. Thank you for sharing it with us at crafty cardmakers & more,

Jackie

Michelle N. said...

Love your Hello Kitty card-great idea to do this in your nephew's school colors! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!

Mollie said...

Super fun! Gotta love Hello Kitty and all her cuteness! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at FCCB this week!

Emily
Mollie's Motif

Lin said...

What a cute creation.

Thanks for sharing with us


Thanks for sharing with us

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers and More

Missy said...

This is so cute, great image and I like how the green stands out agains thte white so well~! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!!

Josephine said...

Great card - love the embossing.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More!

Lijit Search Wijit