Sunday, September 25, 2011

Working

The campus center I work at has Coffee House on select Mondays.  I made this sign for our sign post in the front of the building.

On the 24th we will have a Student Art Show and Coffee House.  To promote it, several of us had to do art pieces that we could use in promotional advertising (not to be judged).  This is my Cricut Picasso.  I don't care for his cubism work, but let me tell ya folks - it's HARDER than it looks.

This is my face, fragmented with personality.  You can't see but I used the cuttlebug folder with writing on it. Because my face is older with lines in it.  I always wear my hair behind one ear, so only one ear is showing.  My  name is penny, so I used the cent sign for my ear.  I chose the shapes I wanted to use and put them all over the mat then cut the mat several times with different colors of papers on them. I used foam tape and zots to give it some depth and pop which can't be seen on this picture.   I'm glad this project is done! 



5 comments:

Joanne said...

LOVE your Picasso! He could have done that for real!!!!! Love the colors and everything about it, so modern and a perfect "forgery"!!!! Aloha J:)

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! Penny, I just love your artistic interpretation! Using the cent symbol for the ear...genius! Not a big Picassa fan myself, but you did a FABULOUS job on your self portrait! Love it!

Joanne said...

Hi Penny, just stopping by to say hello and hope all is well! Happy Halloween! Hugs, J:)

Christa Uttley said...

Penny Thans for stopping by my blog to say hi! I love this Picasso-lie rendering! Very inspiring! And great job with your Singage too!

Christa Uttley said...

Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog. I really appreciate it an I love your Picasso-like rendering and your coffee sign is a great addiotn to your workplace I am sure!

Lijit Search Wijit