Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Vintage - Cricut Circle Blog

This is my card entry for the Cricut Circle Blog challenge-- Vintage.  We also had a sketch to work with and a designer inspiration. 


Used the From My Kitchen Cartridge - How vintage is that?!  Cast iron skillets, Teflon spatulas, tin measuring spoons, glass mixing bowl, all the things I saw my mother use.

Mixing Bowl
Spatula
Whisk
Measuring cups and spoon
From The Kitchen circle
Apron
Spatulas and a Cherry Pie


When we got stationed over here in Italy, my mom sent with me some old cookbooks and recipe cards that had how to cook from scratch.  That's vintage!  No mixes over here, you have to do it from scratch.  No preservatives in food.

I didn't want to cut up the recipe cards, they are valuable, so I laid them on the scanner, scanned them in, then cut them apart to make the background collage.  Stitched one or two of them on too for dimension, then added background for the little picture frames.

I've had these little picture frames for a long time.  Joy over at Purty Paperz sent me an RAK with some vintage papers, songs, lace and these little bronze frames. The peeks of the blue ribbon and the layered red, make nice accents. 

This card is actually going to accompany a gift of banana loaf bread to our neighbors.

7 comments:

Nikki Foraker said...

OMG miss thing I LOVE IT!!!!!!! You ROCK!!!

♥Nikki♥

Summer said...

Great Job!

Anonymous said...

Penny, this is FABULOUS! Love all the cuts that you used and I love the inside just as much as the outside!
I hope you are celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow! Yes?

Joanne said...

I really like, like like this one! The vintage look is great and the inside is a pretty as the outside!! Super-Duper job! Hope you, your family and friends have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Sending big hugs your way, J:)

Peggy T. said...

Penny, you do such beautiful work. I have an award for you. Please swing by our blog and pick it up.

Peggy & Donna
http://dailygracecreations.blogspot.com

Joy said...

I love the vintage charm of this card !! Love the stitching and the scanned recipes ...love it !
xoxo Joy

Kate said...

What a great card - inside AND out! Great idea to scan as well. It all turned out perfectly!

Lijit Search Wijit