Monday, October 4, 2010

National Baking Month - Fantabulous Cricut

Ellis had a Monster Bash for his birthday party and Mini Monsters came in very handy for the cakes, the banner, the birthday hats and the invitations!
With the extra fondant we just fooled around with some other things.

 
These two cakes are made using the giant cupcakes pan, I used the top to make a beehive cake and the bottom to make a whimsical cake. I tried out the bee on both cakes just for fun, but the best part was eating them. 

I don't have a cricut cake so I cut out the pieces I wanted and traced around them on the fondant.  I also used a punch for some of the circles if I could get the fondant thin enough.  

Join us at Fantabulous Cricut for our National Baking Month challenge, cook up something of your own.

7 comments:

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

What a fun celebration and it looks like you had a great time playing with fondant, super fun Penny! :)

flowerdisco said...

penny...you made all these and the cakes too? Wow! Beautiful! and what a great job on the cakes. Kuddos to you :)

Ruthie said...

This is so cool - love what you have done! Yummmmy!

Angi Barrs said...

What a fun way to celebrate. Love this Penny. Thanks for visiting my blog. I miss you guys too. I'm checking out all of your blogs today to see what cute things you create. I'll be back here for sure:) Love your projects!

Michelle said...

very cute !! I have that pan, another great way to use it! thanks

Kate said...

Oh Penny!! These are just too much fun! I'll bet Ellis was thrilled with all these little monsters and treats!! What a wonderful way to make a first birthday special.

BrendaB said...

What a cool birthday party for Ellis! I love all the decorations and sweet treats!

Lijit Search Wijit