Monday, October 4, 2010

Attitude, Gratitude, Fortitude

This is my entry for the Circut Circle Blog Friday Challenge.  Must use French Manor Cartridge and at least 2 cuts from the cricut machine and pearls or rhinestones.

An Attitude of Gratitude is Fortitude!
My New Motto!

Made using French Manor
Bird Cage cut at 5"
There is no shadow cut for this feature so in DS I hid the countour  (or you could glue the pieces back in) to create the back of the cage.
Bird cut at 2" and 2.5" in red, then again in black.
Lyrical Letters for the sentiments cut at 1.5"
Home Decor for the Flourishes cut at 3"
George to cut the mats, sized to my canvas and to cut the red pieces I used to highlight the inside of the cage, Oval and rectangle cut at 4.5" each.
Papers are Cricut Papers and 
Me&My Big Ideas Color Basics
Rhinestone Jewels for the bird cage accents and the bird's eye.




If I'm grateful for my experiences, only then do I have the strength to endure.


Being grateful for my life experiences makes me stronger.  Sometimes though, it is so hard to be grateful for things like... being in a cage.... but during that time, there is gratefulness for security, gratefulness for routine, gratefulness for food.  Being freed from the cage by things such as learning a new language or exploring the world I am in.....lots of things to be grateful for.  Getting to view the cage from inside and out, that's strength.  I am preaching to no one but myself. This trio of pictures, I created to remind me of the wonderful things that can be experienced with attitudes of gratitude!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, Penny! Maybe my favorite project of yours to date! This is gorgeous! What a fantastic take on the challenge!

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

These are beautiful. I love the sentiment and I absolutely agree!
Ndia

Crystal said...

I love this! I love the colors, the sentiment and the meaning!

Joanne said...

ALOHA PENNY!!! Finally I am back at it again posting new things,and will be able to stop by for a visit! A pleasure I have really missed!!! Your creations while I have been gone are FAB! LOVE your new motto, a very good one! I hope that all is well with you and that you are looking forward to the Xmas holidays. I have already done Xmas orders of 20 cards for one friend and 10 for another. I also have 30 made for myself. Now I am working on Halloween and Thanksgiving! It's so wonderful to be creating again. I send big hugs!!! J:)

Angi Barrs said...

Wowza. That birdcage is Fab. So Beautiful.

Jana Eubank said...

LOVE this!

Robin Marshall Clark said...

I just love EVERYTHING about your project. It is just gorgeous!

Nikki Foraker said...

WOW WOW WOW!!! Sooooooooooo PRETTY!!! you did French Manor proud! I just can't seem to make my mojo work with that cart! I sure hope our 3rd circle cart is better for me. HEHEHE

Nikki

Lijit Search Wijit