Monday, April 12, 2010

First Fantabulous Cricut Outing

I was so nervous about my first submission as a part of a design team that I made six projects and then couldn't decide if any of them were good enough to submit.  I didn't like something about each of them. 

The challenge this week is Rain or Water.  I wanted to think differently not just your traditional umbrella and Wellies.  Then I remembered the pictures my sister sent me this week of her kids playing in the mud and the passion went right into the page.


So that is my first DT submission and I like it.  I used George to cut the squares and the letters. 
Stash papers and computer generated journaling.  The splats are my wax letter sealer and I used a toothpick to pull out the splats as it cooled.

Come play with us at FANTABULOUS CRICUT

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great LO! Very inventive "splats". :-)

Melissa said...

I think it's the perfect choice! Do we get to see the other projects you thought weren't good enough? I'm sure they were just as wonderful as this page!

Crystal said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

LINDA said...

What a fantastic layout..Darling photos..I'll bet you other creations are just as lovely..
Hugs, Linda

Katie said...

Love it!!! It's so cute!

Angi Barrs said...

Cute layout! The kids look like they are having so much fun :)

Julie said...

I saw this on the Cricut MB and thought it was just perfect!

Valerie said...

Those splats are so cool! Wonderful layout.

Anonymous said...

Great title, Penny, and I love the muddy looking splats to go along with it! You did a fantastic job on this! Ahhhh... to be young again and romp in the mud!

BrendaB said...

Love your page!

Edna Marie said...

Oh my Penny, Just so many beautiful designs I love them all Congrats on you Spotlight in the Chrip just WONDERFUL

Huggs PinkE

Jeannie Phillips said...

oh I love your work..and its all too pretty for you ever to worry...this layout is great...so much fun.... thank you for always encouraging me!...it means so so much.
Hugs
Jeannie

Unknown said...

I'm probably a LITTLE bias but I think those are the cutest kids in the world!!! It is a cause and effect lesson. LOL!

Christy said...

What a great layout. I love the photos..what a priceless photo op that was!!

If you are interested, I have started a new challenge blog that I think you would enjoy. I would love it if you'd give it a try sometime.

Scrap It With a Song

Joanne said...

Oh Pen, this is just too adorable! The picture is priceless and it sure fit in perfect for the challenge! I love the paper combo that you used, super layout!!! Hugs, J:)

Lijit Search Wijit