Friday, November 27, 2009

It's NOT Thanksgiving

I woke up this morning and the first thing I thought was, "It's Friday and it's not Thanksgiving anymore."  I didn't cry or anything yesterday, but I was keenly aware that it was Thanksgiving at home and my kids were getting together with family and friends, and my family were all getting together and celebrating..... I'm in Italy, Tom's in China and we're not celebrating anything.  We're just being.  I couldn't even create the way I wanted to.  I was sad.  Then the power went out for two hours, so I couldn't create, I couldn't talk to anyone on Skype and after I talked to Tom for a 1/2 hour on my cell, it was dead.  So, I went in the bedroom where I could work on my laptop on someone else's internet and I looked around on facebook and played a game on the computer, then I designed a bit on DS.  These are the cards I came up with:




Sending you an E card via Snail Mail



Deer Christmas


This last one is a Slider Card.  I had never tried one before, but I got one from a bank in the mail, so I took it apart to see how they made it.  Then I designed it in DS and cut it.  This was more about learning the construction of the card than the actual decorating.  So I just used scraps that I had left over from another project.  Inside it has a pocket for a gift card or something.  I put some tea in there. There is a window in the card where you can see the words Merry Christmas.  When you slide the card out it says
Enjoy Everyday, Merry Christmas. 








The actual greeting for the card says:
It's Christmas in the Heart
that puts Christmas in the air.


That was my thanksgiving day and I'm glad it is over. 
Now I get to clean and get ready for Tom to come home.


Onward and upward,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are all VERY cute!!! great job!

Unknown said...

I love your snail mail card! That is great! Did you enter in a contest? i think you should.

Lijit Search Wijit