Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Wednesday before Thanksgiving

I am pretty proud of this card today.  I'm going to enter it in two different contests.  One at Practical Scrappers for the Stitching contest and one at Cricut Cardz Challenge for the Pink/Green and White challenge.  It took a long time to put all those branches together.  I started yesterday and finally finished today.  It has a lot of popping to make the depth, but a lot of branches to cover up the popping.  The branches are cut with a MS punch and the ornament cut at 3 inches from Joys of the Season.  Added the pink ribbon and the charm, some stickles and bling.  Paper is some I found at Tuesday Morning. The word Joy is cut from Joys of the Season Shrinky Dink plastic, colored and shrunk. Stitched on my pixie craft sewing machine.








11 comments:

Jeri said...

I can tell that you put a lot of work into this card. Love how you used that MS punch. I'm going crazy trying to find it at local stores. I guess I'll just have to get on line to get it.

Christy Croll said...

You should be proud. It is gorgeous. ;)

Joy said...

Oh so pretty!!! I just love it !!!
Hugz n kissez, Joy

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Great card Penny...love that you used the same MS punch I did for my DT card for a totally different look...great job!!! Thanks for joining us this week at CCC!!

Terry

sophiesmama said...

WOW! Awesome card Penny! I love the look. Thanks for playing CCC!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Hugs,
Mary

Anonymous said...

wow what a lovely card. Is the ferns made with the cricut?

and thanks for your lovely post on my blog! You are much to nice!

And God jul or Merry Christmas! :D

Karin said...

Outstanding card! I love that punch and you used it to make something fabulous!

Live Love and Scrap said...

I got tears in my eyes when I read about your Thanksgiving...I am sorry!!! This card is just beautiful!!! I cant find that punch either...some day I hope! Good luck in the CCC challenge!

Edna Marie said...

Super card Love these colors Thank You for joining us at Cricut Cardz Challenge

Nancy Sanders said...

Great card and so much work. You are a very talented lady. Thanks for sharing and joining the fun at CCC!

shelly said...

thanks for sharing at ccc penny i adore this card! its beautiful.

Lijit Search Wijit