Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Emboss me

Practical Scrappers challenged us to use our embossing folders.  I have Sizzix and Cuttlebug folders, and I forget to use them frequently until I put the pieces together and go...... oh, I should have embossed that!!  One of the things I love about Practical Scrappers challenging us to use the supplies we already have.

I chose to do a monochromatic card for this challenge.

I embossed each layer... Divine Swirls, Swiss Dots, Swirls and Paisley. Popped and layered each one at least twice.  Put the tiny swiss dot ribbon and baby rattle charm on the Y and called it done.

My baby sister has 4 boys.  Her blog is 4 Boys is Joy.  So, Boy Joy  was my sentiment.


You know, since I started ignoring PC's FREQUENT cartridge releases and looking "practically" at what I already have to use, I've fallen in love with some of my cartridges again.  I find that I am really lucky, because the earlier cartridges (the ones they are retiring now) were FAR more packed with images and variances than the new ones are.... for practically the same prices.  DS lets me alter and join things so I can create a lot of the new things they are putting out, if I work at it hard enough.  I'm sure a gypsy would help me with this even more....... but, I'd rather go to Paris in the Spring so I'm saving my money! :0)

6 comments:

Crystal said...

Simply gorgeous and gives me a great idea for monochromatic, as I struggle with that. I love all the texture and dimension! Paris OH! Have fuN!

Saundra said...

This is beautiful, Penny! I love it. I went to Paris 16 years ago and would love to go again. My DH surprised me with the quick weekend trip. No! We don't have that kind of money. We were in the military at the time and stationed in Germany. It's much like travelling from state to state. I Loved it but it was super fast. It would just be fun to go and take our time.

I may have to check this site out. I want to be more of a "use what I have" kind of gal.

Ruthie said...

This is just gorgeous! Love it!

Rx

Kate said...

Ohhhh, I LOVE this!! Your card is stunning - so delicate and gorgeous!
I'm going back to my older cartridges too - and loving what I've got! There are very few new cartridges that I would even consider. Good for you saving your pennies! Paris is lovely in the spring. You're going to love it. Good choice, I say!!

Bobbi said...

What a cute card. I usually forget about my cuttlebug until I have the pieces together already:) I know what you mean, DH asked me what I wanted for Christmas because usually I have a long list of crafting items and this year, I just don't know. I think a vacation would be great right about now since I had to give mine up when I had my knee injury. I would love to visit Paris.

Joanne said...

Absolutely precious Penny! Love all the layers and the embossing. The silver charm really sets it off, adorable! Hugs, J:)

Lijit Search Wijit