Follow by Email

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Emboss me

Practical Scrappers challenged us to use our embossing folders.  I have Sizzix and Cuttlebug folders, and I forget to use them frequently until I put the pieces together and go...... oh, I should have embossed that!!  One of the things I love about Practical Scrappers challenging us to use the supplies we already have.

I chose to do a monochromatic card for this challenge.

I embossed each layer... Divine Swirls, Swiss Dots, Swirls and Paisley. Popped and layered each one at least twice.  Put the tiny swiss dot ribbon and baby rattle charm on the Y and called it done.

My baby sister has 4 boys.  Her blog is 4 Boys is Joy.  So, Boy Joy  was my sentiment.


You know, since I started ignoring PC's FREQUENT cartridge releases and looking "practically" at what I already have to use, I've fallen in love with some of my cartridges again.  I find that I am really lucky, because the earlier cartridges (the ones they are retiring now) were FAR more packed with images and variances than the new ones are.... for practically the same prices.  DS lets me alter and join things so I can create a lot of the new things they are putting out, if I work at it hard enough.  I'm sure a gypsy would help me with this even more....... but, I'd rather go to Paris in the Spring so I'm saving my money! :0)
Post a Comment

Lijit Search Wijit