Monday, August 2, 2010

Lavender Sachet

When we were in France in the Spring, Tom bought me some lavender.  I dried it and used lavender oil to infuse it.  I can put it in soap, throw it in the bath, or just use it for sachets, which is what I did here.  I used mostly scraps to create the envelopes.  I used an envelope from almost every cartridge that I had to try these out.    I've made 20 so far and still have plenty of scraps and lavender to make more.  I think I will toss them into Christmas presents and into a few of my own drawers.  These are just a few.  
Cartridges used here: Wedding Solutions, Plantin Schoolbook, Walk In My Garden,Paper Pups
 and New Arrival

Fill with your favorite fragrance, poke holes in both sides.  I tried to hide my holes under the flowers or in the pattern in the paper.  I used some prima flowers but for the most part, I cut flowers from scraps using Walk In My Garden or Plantin' Schoolbook.  

This is a very easy project and quick gift idea. I even made some for men that say, "My Socks Smell Good"  no flowers on those, and more manly colors. 

Hope you have a very fragrant day!


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Neat idea! I love all your flowers too!

Melinda Beltran said...

What a beautiful idea and project! My mom loves lavender. Maybe I will have to scraplift this idea and do something like this for her! Thank you for the wonderful inspiration Penny!

CJ said...

What a great idea. I have lavender in my back yard. I may have to give this a try.

You are so crafty!!

CJ

Anonymous said...

You're such a clever gal, Penny! Who would have ever thought to use the envies as sachets?! Beautiful job on these... love all the different papers!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Wow, what a clever idea!! They are beautiful Penny!!

beejay said...

How clever you are, I can't wait to try this, TFS!

Ruthie said...

Such a great idea - I have lots of lavender in my garden - going to leave it to dry off and then grab some in and have a go!

Thanks for the idea!

Rx

Lijit Search Wijit