Monday, July 26, 2010

It's a ZOO out there


Challenge #20 - at Fantabulous Cricut was to make a project using an animal.

This is a toilet paper roll mini album.  I used the tutorial from my fellow Design Team Member, Lori Coughlin at Living in Organized Chaos



I used Create a Critter and Animal Kingdom to make this toilet paper roll mini album.  There are 5 toilet paper rolls in this album.  I pressed them flat with a bone folder and put them in a phone book, setting it under my cricut for a few days to get them flat. 

I used mostly cricut papers and various ribbons.  I tied each of the tags to the inside and onto the eyelet to keep the tags attached to the right slot.  I figured it might be frustrating if you are reading it with a kid and the tags kept falling out or you pulled out woof-woof when it should say tweet-tweet. 

The DT got to use JOYSLIFE.COM pun stamps for our cards, but mine are stuck in customs so I didn't get to use mine this time but I will soon! 

Even my DH liked this project.  It was lots of fun to repurpose this item. Come join us at Fantabulous Cricut with your animal! 

14 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

another FABULOUS project!!!!!!!! Love it all and I also love the fact that you can cut in small sizes. I am terrible at that. Happy weekend!

Joanna said...

Super cute! Love all the critters!

Rhonda Emery said...

super cute

Melinda Beltran said...

What a cute mini album Penny! It is adorable! Who knew TP rolls could get such a makeover! Fabulous job!

Kate said...

I love your creative use of the Cricut - as a paperweight!! What a clever idea though! This album is adorable Penny! You've done such a great job with it! Great use of toilet paper rolls too. I think that's fantastic!!

Court said...

I love this! Thank you so much for the idea! I was just about to throw my TP roll away (well, recycle it) and now I find myself wanting to hoard them! haha.

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment!

Stampleigh said...

Great album! You did an AWESOME job!

Angi Barrs said...

Oh wow. Who knew TP rolls could be so FAB. Love this.

Unknown said...

I knew but only because you sent us one!
I think this one is cuter than the dino or the dog one. Great job Pen!

Rhonda Emery said...

cute cute

Lori (THCEO) said...

WOW Penny...that is soooo cute! Don't you just love making cute things out of what you would have thrown away!?!?! You did a really great job on this!!! :)

Michelle said...

very cute, i have some tp rolls saved but havent got around to it! yours is super cute! love it!

buglvr2010 said...

This is so cute! I would never have thought you could make an album out of tp rolls. I'll have to check out that tutorial!

Valerie said...

TOO CUTE!!! I love this mini:)

Lijit Search Wijit