Wednesday, June 30, 2010

In a funk

Everyone's been there.  I've been in a serious one of late.  I have excuses.  I've been sick, I've had loads of company and I just don't have any ideas!  I've created a dozen things and none of them were "right."  I didn't like any of them enough to share or to use for my DT.   My DH kept telling me to be patient with myself, take a nap, etc., etc.  Well none of that helped.  I'm still in a funk.  Maybe it will pass soon, I hope and pray.  Here are the things I created trying to be creative..... it just doesn't work when it's forced.

Okay, I know a lot of people wouldn't show you their mistakes, but we all make them.  The flower center didn't exactly end up in the center.  The leaves didn't blend.  My giant centipede was just a giant mistake, my fan, just wasn't pretty and it was lopsided.   I make a lot of mistakes.  Thank goodness I like to make my own paper and can often mulch these into something else.  UGH.

All of this ended up being a God lesson for me.  I sure do make a lot of mistakes!  He never gives up on me as his craft though.  He wants me to be better and better and so, I keep trying, allowing him to mulch me up into other things available for something else that He wants me to be or do.

I'm still in a funk, but I'll let Him move me along.  Until then........... I'll keep trying.

7 comments:

Ruthie said...

Brilliant that you are brave enough to show your mistakes! I always put mine up too! BUT I didnt see much wrong with the bird on the tree!!!

Rx

Angi Barrs said...

I have a pile of blooper mistakes Penny. I saw this today in blog land and it let me know that I am not alone with my crafty mistakes.
http://shesasassylady.blogspot.com/2010/06/reject-pile-or-salvage-bin.html

Kate said...

Thanks for being so open and honest. I can so relate to what you've written about. We all make lots of mistakes, but learning from them makes us better (in all aspects of life - not just crafting).
I needed to read what you wrote. It's been a crazy day here. Thanks for sharing this, Penny.

Angie said...

Hello, thnaks for the nice comment. I like your cards. I like the ants in my pants. too cute! have a great 4th!

flowerdisco said...

hey...you have no idea how some of my days go? The days when everything goes wrong? I have many of those and because I have bad hands I drop things over and over. I used the G to design and I have to change the design 10,000 times before I get it right. I do not like those days GRRR! hey, thanks for the lovely comment you left today. It made me blush and it certainly touched my heart girlfriend.

Anonymous said...

LOL! You're too hard on yourself, girl! First of all, I think it all turned out great! There's no such thing as a "perfect" flower and I think yours is just perfect. That ant card is hilarious and the fan is beautiful! Mulch away if you must, but I think they are keepers!

Katie said...

I think your being a little too hard on yourself! Love all of your recent craft projects! Hang in there and praying that the "funk" leaves you soon! :)

Lijit Search Wijit