Follow by Email

Monday, May 31, 2010

Shower The Baby

The Fantabulous Cricut Challenge for this week is  "Shower the Baby."  Create a project that has something to do with a baby shower. Example; invitation, gift, baby album etc..

 This is my baby shower invitation for a boy's baby shower.  I didn't put my real address or phone number on this one to put up on the internet - for obvious reasons. :-)  

The card is postcard style.  Measures 5x7
The stop sign, telephone poles and road signs are on George
The Truck, Baby Shower, It's a Boy are on New Arrival
The Road is on My Community
The little birds and the grass are on Create a Critter

The truck is shadowed and pop-dotted.  The clouds are cat-eye liquid chalks. The back of the card is computer generated with the name of the baby and parents,where they are registered and other pertinent information. 

I also did this wall-hanging of round frames of our grandson Ellis. I'm going to keep adding the round frames until his first birthday in a few months.  

Four round frames cut at 5 inches using the Paper Pups cartridge for the double round cut out frame.
Lyrical Letters for the Font

Computer generated saying:
A baby has a special way
of bringing joy to every day

Started with a square of paper measuring 6 x 6 square and cut a 5 inch circle. I welded the letter to the circle in DS but if you don't have DS just cut out  out the letter to the size you want it, mine is 3 inches.
I printed the pictures on my picture printer so I could size the actual photo the way I wanted it.
I used some old DVD's for weight
Trimmed the photo down to size
  Punched the holes with my Crop a Dile II Big Bite, which punches easily through the DVDs.  Added buttons, twine, a little red bird and some blue ribbon.

He really does bring us daily joy! 

What's your baby project??  Join us at Fantabulous Cricut and link up your design.


Post a Comment

Lijit Search Wijit