Monday, May 31, 2010

Shower The Baby

The Fantabulous Cricut Challenge for this week is  "Shower the Baby."  Create a project that has something to do with a baby shower. Example; invitation, gift, baby album etc..

 This is my baby shower invitation for a boy's baby shower.  I didn't put my real address or phone number on this one to put up on the internet - for obvious reasons. :-)  


The card is postcard style.  Measures 5x7
The stop sign, telephone poles and road signs are on George
The Truck, Baby Shower, It's a Boy are on New Arrival
The Road is on My Community
The little birds and the grass are on Create a Critter

The truck is shadowed and pop-dotted.  The clouds are cat-eye liquid chalks. The back of the card is computer generated with the name of the baby and parents,where they are registered and other pertinent information. 


I also did this wall-hanging of round frames of our grandson Ellis. I'm going to keep adding the round frames until his first birthday in a few months.  



Four round frames cut at 5 inches using the Paper Pups cartridge for the double round cut out frame.
Lyrical Letters for the Font


Computer generated saying:
A baby has a special way
of bringing joy to every day

  
Started with a square of paper measuring 6 x 6 square and cut a 5 inch circle. I welded the letter to the circle in DS but if you don't have DS just cut out  out the letter to the size you want it, mine is 3 inches.
 
I printed the pictures on my picture printer so I could size the actual photo the way I wanted it.
I used some old DVD's for weight
Trimmed the photo down to size
  Punched the holes with my Crop a Dile II Big Bite, which punches easily through the DVDs.  Added buttons, twine, a little red bird and some blue ribbon.


He really does bring us daily joy! 

What's your baby project??  Join us at Fantabulous Cricut and link up your design.


CHALLENGES
GOING AROUND IN CIRCLES - CHARISMA CARDZ

8 comments:

Kate said...

I love that wall hanging!! What a wonderful way to showcase a number of photos together. Great idea!
The shower invitation is so bright and fun. I love the layout of the card. Great job!

♥ Yolanda ♥ said...

Wow, lovely tutorial you did here! I like the idea.
Hugs Yolanda

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Adorable!!!! Love it all and what a fabulous idea to make a wall hanging. Happy Tuesday!

Carole Beath said...

Very very cute. I use those old CDs from AOL (which I have by the hundreds) to make unique greeting cards. They have to be used for something, donchathink. Your little hanging card is just precious...so is the subject... (grin).
Carole

Angi Barrs said...

Love your tutorial. Will have to try these. This is such a cute project.

Allison said...

this is fabulous
thanks for playing along at Charisma this week
Allison x

Lori (THCEO) said...

Penny, I LOVE how the invite is not typical "baby" colors and theme. SOOOOOOOO cute! And the wall hanging is adorable, as is your little cutie-patootie grandson! Great work, as always!!!

--Lori :)

BrendaB said...

I love your baby shower invitation - it's so different! And your wall hanging - what a great way to showcase those photos of your grandson!

Lijit Search Wijit