Monday, May 24, 2010

Flowers for May

Challenge #11 at Fantabulous Cricut is Flowers for May.  Create a project using at least 3 flowers on your project.
I love walk in my garden.  All these flowers from there.  The center pink flower I used the Cricut Markers on to trace arounde the leaves and then cut it out.  I then curled each of the leaves with my fingers.  Similar techniques on the other flowers .  I LOVE flowers so this was a fun card to make.

Add in a few brads, stickles and  I looked at my card and said, this is one I would like to receive.  No sentiment inside as I haven't decided if I will send it to anyone. :0)


I'm having a little get together movie night at my house so I decided to make these little lanterns to put over the candles and give a less stark glow, but still allow people to move about and see in the darkness.  I put one in each of the bathrooms, one in the kitchen and two in the movie room (all the same fragrance, of course.)




I used white parchment paper to form the layers of paper, it  (you can buy it in the baking section and it can take the heat).  In between the two layers I put this flower vine cut from Storybook in white 3 inches 4 times.  The frames I made in George, square cut at 4.5 inches  8 times. I cut the parchment paper in one long line then scored and folded it to form the cube.



The flower cuts are done in white, but you could use any color between the layers.  Even scraps.  There are lots of fun cuts on Storybook that would make great see-through/shadow cuts.

They created a nice glow.
.



Join us at Fantabulous Cricut and create a project with at least 3 flowers.  I can't wait to see what you create!

12 comments:

Ohhh Snap said...

What a great bouquet :D. It looks like the lanterns will add just enough light and they are also soo pretty!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Maybe I'll give it a try this afternoon. Thanks for showing off! Ha ha

Kate said...

Great card! I love all those flowers and the pink looks fantastic outlined with your markers.
As for the lanterns... I'm very impressed!! I love the look!! It's such an elegant way to change the look of a candle in a jar. I love it!!

Jessica said...

OH Wow Penny!!! Lovely card. Walk in my Garden is one of my faves too. I've made several long narrow cards with flowers. I try to make them look like they are behind a picket fence. These flowers are much prettier! TFS

Jessica said...

Oops, I forgot, I love these little candle shades. What a lovely idea. They look terrefic! Thanks for sharing.

Angi Barrs said...

Beautiful flowers. Love this!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Gorgeous projects! Hope you are having a fabulous time with your family. Happy Monday!

BrendaB said...

Those flowers on your card are just beautiful! and those candle shades - awesome!

Nikki Foraker said...

Really pretty..........CONGRATS ON MAKING THE CRICUT CHIRP!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I KNEW YOUR CHARM BRACELET WAS EXTRA SPECIAL!!!!!!!! GO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIG FAT CRICUTY HUGS!!!!
Nikki

Carole Beath said...

Wow, this is one wonderful card. I love the colors, and the flowers are just awesome.
Carole

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous flowers! I love the look with the markers and stickles!

flowerdisco said...

soooo pretty with all the flowers....love it :) and congrats on making it to the chirp...absolutely a beautiful bracelet. tfs!

Lijit Search Wijit