Monday, March 22, 2010

Tagged


At Practical Scrappers the challenge is to use something that is more than a year old.  No problem there, I had this purple ribbon since my oldest son got married six years ago.  I've had the Mary Engelbreit stickers for two years or more.  I just kept looking at them and wondering what to do with them so they sat in the drawer.  I've had the stamps and the rhinestones a long time too.  The doily package I've had for years, but I just opened it.

So even though all the stuff is old, I needed to put them on something new to me (my stipulation).  I looked for a new fold and found a card someone had done for a baby that was three tags joined together.  I used that model for my own design of pocketed tags.


My DH leaves comments on my cards at night while I am sleeping.  He is currently in Kuwait. 
He hated the purple ribbons at the top and said it was like trying to look through a forest.  When I got up this morning, I decided he was right and replaced the ribbons with buttons and I like it SO much better.  Hurray for dear husbands! 

Fixed Card 

 

 




Tags from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More - Cut at 4" for the large ones, 
2.5" for the smaller tags
Happy Mother's Day from the Mother's Day 2010, cut at 2"
"I love you" and "It's Your Day" from George
Doily cut behind Happy Mother's Day from Storybook 


P.S. There's a beautiful Robin sitting on my balcony looking at me. :)


Challenges
Practical Scrappers - Use something more than a year old

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! What a great use for old stuff that we hoard. :-)

Nikki Foraker said...

WOW! Way to use stuff up! SO PRETTY!!!

Nikki

Anonymous said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty! Love that rich purple ribbon with the pink tags! Like how the little tags tuck inside the bigger ones... such a cute design!

Anonymous said...

Okay, here goes. I don't like the purple ribbons at the top. It's like getting through the forest to see the pretty designs. Maybe some buttons up there or some brads? I don't know, I'm not the arty one. Other than that, the design is so pretty and the colors are nice together. Is that what you wanted in the critique?

praisepays said...

What a beautiful creation!

Margaret said...

Lovely little images and so nice to have all these tags as a gift.

RobinJ said...

Just beautiful! DH was right, the buttons made the difference! Thanks for playing along at Practical Scrappers!
xoxo-RobinJ

Crystal said...

I love this, but then again I am biased and love just about everything you ever do! Great job finding new folds! Thanks for playing at P.S.

Unknown said...

this is lovely, such a different take on the challenge, well done, its fantastic, thanks for playin with us at crafty cardmakers xx

Vixykins said...

What a wonderful project and so much effort, lovely work hun.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers x

Erika Hayes said...

This is adorable and your DH is too! I love it and thanks for playing at Practical Scrappers.

Anonymous said...

What a fab Hubby you have...like mine he often gives me food for thought, though I don't listen all the time...lol

Gorgeous project

Thank's for joining Crafty Cardmakers this week
x
Vicky

Made by Mandy said...

My hubby gives me constructive help too, they can be useful sometimes....LOL

Love all the detail in your project, Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Cardmakers :)

Lijit Search Wijit