Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Shake Things Up

Today, I needed to shake things up a bit and so I didn't do any cards.  I did use the cricut to cut a chipboard label and some paper.  But, I decided to do some quilling and some ribbon embroidery today.   I haven't done quilling since I was in junior high, but I had some quilling paper from a kit I received a while back and a pattern for the embroidery.  The embroidery was done on broadcloth then wrapped upholstery style around some batting and mounted on a green box that I had.  I did the quilling around a frame that I cut on the cricut and then put in a picture of DH and me.  It is nice to shake up the crafting mind a bit.  I'm also going to do a clay project this week.  A whole other mess of the crafting world I do.  Oh, the DH does not like all my messes. :0)



4 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Oh my.... you were very inspired! These projects are beautiful! They are very, very pretty. I've never tried quilling... thank you for your brilliant ideas! Happy St. Patty's day!

notquitemarthastewart said...

very clever girl, well done

Unknown said...

DH..Dear Husband?

Joanne said...

Just lovely! What a nice project - a nice change can really be relaxing and inspiring. Super job! Hugs, J:)

Lijit Search Wijit