Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Flying High

Lisa from NJ is on the design team at Fantabulous Cricut a new challenge blog.  The theme this week is to use the Cut of a Balloon and the Word "Birthday."  I decided I would try and this idea came right into my mind.


The balloon is from Beyond Birthdays cut at 3" - three times
The Basket is from George Shapes cut at 2.5" - three times
The clouds and sun are Chipboard.  Cut a small piece of fringe ribbon for the basket.
Happy Birthday is on Beyond Birthdays cut at 1.5 and shadowed.
The flourishes are CMTH stamps
The little boy is on New Arrival and I just made him hair and a T-shirt (hand cut)
The top layer of the basket and the top layer of the balloon I fan folded and inked
for depth.  I punched holes in the second layer of the basket to string the ribbon through
Likewise on the second layer of the balloon (always hide the mechanics).
Papers are Bo Bunny.

Practical Scrappers challenge this week is to use Chipboard and I love it when they try to get me to use up my supplies because I keep forgetting about this huge bag of chipboard pieces that I have.


Challenges:
Practical Scrappers - Chipboard    ♫
♫Fantabulous Cricut - Balloon Cut/Word "Birthday"    
Challenge 103 Celebrations - Cute Card Thursday
Cricut Cardz Challenge - Child's Birthday 

30 comments:

Sherri said...

Absolutley wonderful! All the bright colors are so happy....and the little fella is adorable! Great card!

Sherri Practical Scrappers DT

Sammye Jo said...

CRAZY CUTE!!!!! Seriously adorbale!!!!

Thanks fo rplaying with us at FCCB! Hope you will come back!!!

Sammye Jo

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Oh my friend, another sweet card! This is so cute! I have not done a cricut card yet but you inspire me! Happy Tuesday!

A Rup Life said...

WOW!! Amazing job!

Candace Pelfrey said...

Wow, this is amazing!! Thanks for playing with us at FCCB! :)

MoonDust Bath and Body said...

I love it when things that pop into your head actually work. This is a great card! Thanks for playing with us at FCCB!

Debbie said...

WOW that is adorable! Love the colors. Thanks for joining us at FCCB

BrendaB said...

Such a cute card! I love the folded paper on the basket and balloon!

Unknown said...

Penny,
Your cards are fantabulous! Love the chipboard sun and clouds, so much fun! Thanks for joining us again this week at Practical Scrappers!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

~Tammy~ said...

Incredibly cute take on our first FCCB Challenge . . . I love all the paper peicing!! Thanks for joining us and playing along!

Valerie said...

Oh my goodness, this is too much fun!! Absolutely adorable. Thanks for playing along at FCCB:)

Nikki Foraker said...

OMGosh....I have to go across the room and pick up my socks cuz you just blew them off! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!

Joni Parker said...

This is really adorable. Lots of fun! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Practical Scrappers.

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

Oh.... up, up, and away.... this is sooooo adorable!!!

Christine said...

These card is so adorable and very creative. I love all your detail, even doing the outside!!!

Thanks for playing along with us at Fantabulous!!!

Blessings,
Christine

Angi Barrs said...

Full of Cuteness! Love the balloon! Thanks for playing along with us at Fantabulous!

Deb said...

fabulous card, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx

Blue6366 said...

What a great take on this week's challenge. Thanks for playing along.

Unknown said...

Love your balloon ride. I hope it goes a long, long way! Maybe all the way to me.

Lynne said...

Penny..great card!! I love how you used the New Arrival Cart to make a boy!! Very creative!!
Lynne JB DT

Anonymous said...

Wow that is so cute! Love the hot air balloon and the cute sentiment inside!

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Really cute card!!! Love all the details!! Thanks for joining us this week at CCC!!

Terry

Lori (THCEO) said...

This is absolutely adorable...I love it!!! Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB! :)

Fi said...

Very cute card, love your hot air balloon and the details on the inside of the card.
Fi

buglvr2010 said...

Awsome card! Beautiful colors.

Carole Beath said...

Penny, what a darling card...
Carole

DonnaMundinger said...

Adorable Penny! Great little scene and VERY creative! xxD

shelly said...

penny awesome creativity here.. awesome card thank so much for sharing over at cricutcardz :) shelly

Lori1brat said...

AMAZING !!! I love this project ! You did a fantastic job - thank you so much for sharing with us at BBTB2 !!!

Teri said...

This is so cute! :)

Lijit Search Wijit