Sunday, February 14, 2010

An Apple A Day


I'm so happy with this card. I dreamed about it.... which I've been doing a lot lately.  Some cards turn out great and some don't even turn out. But I could hardly wait to do this one.  Tom gave me an Ipod for Valentines and I haven't even played with it because I had to get it out of my head!

Sentiment:  An apple a day can keep anyone away if thrown hard enough. ~ Stephen Colbert

I like to send encouragement or get well cards that give people a chuckle.  Laughter is the best medicine!







Apple from Makin' the Grade Cut twice 
at 4.5 inches in Red
Cut once in Brown at 4.5 inches.
Sandwiched the brown between the
 two red apples creating a pocket 
for the sentiment.  Rectangles cut with
George at 2.5 inches and 2 inches.  
Lady bug and layers cut at 1.5.  Ladybug,
leaves and caterpillar from Walk in my Garden. 
Caterpillar cut twice, once flipped in DS so that I could
double side him so he looked right from the back.  
Caterpillar was 3". Leaves were 2"
Flower was an EK success punch. Accent on the 
apple From the Kitchen.

Sentiment is computer generated. 

Hope it made you smile! 


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so cute...love how you did the leaves! gj

Nikki Foraker said...

How stinkin' cute! So darn clever to use that lil "shine" mark from the kitchen cart! :0) and I LOVE that Colbert quote! Hysterical!!!! You rock!

Nikki

p.s.thanks for your sweet comments on my v-day post ;0) I am happy to report that I got a call from my sailor today! <3

Crooked Scrapper said...

So cute. This would make anyone smile. Love it.

cowbelleru@sbcglobal.net

Joy said...

Pen...this is adorable !!! I just love everything about it !!! I hope you have played with your Ipod now !!!

barbp said...

Hi. I came to you blog via the Cricut MB. I love this card & hope you don't mind if I scraplift it. I know you said it is a simple card but I just want to make sure that I am seeing it right ... it doesn't open up does it?

Melissa said...

Adorable!!!

MelissaAllore on the Cricut Board

Raquel SK said...

This is absolutely Hysterical! I love to add these types of sayings to innocent looking little cards. Anything for a good laugh! Thanks for sharing :)

Lijit Search Wijit