Monday, December 7, 2009

Silent Night, Monday Night

This card tied in a challenge at the Cricut Cardz Challenge! 

It's Monday.  What's good about Monday?  Lots!  It's a fresh start of the week, it's a clean slate, it's a new adventure.  I really like Mondays.  I had a lot of homework to do today for Italian class and I worked hard on it.  The thing is, I feel like this time around in school is better.  I am understanding more this time. I want to learn it.

That's the thing about the routine I was talking about yesterday.  Getting into a routine of excellence in whatever you do.  Tom and I have a routine for our goodbyes.  I created this card today because I wanted to try this type of fold on a card.  I worked slow and didn't rush.  I'm happy with it.  I like the design I did of the snow hill and the welded words.  The routine of one card a day, and only one card done well.




So, tomorrow is an Italian holiday.  The day that Gabriel told Mary that she was pregnant with the Messiah.  I'm not Catholic, so I don't get it.  How if Jesus was born, December 25th, and Mary found out she was having Jesus on December 7th,.... besides the miracle of the Virgin birth, it was the miracle of a very fast pregnancy or an extremely long one.  Of course, I know that some of these dates are "subjective" but it makes me giggle.  All the stores and shops will be closed tomorrow and a lot of the people took today off too so they could have the long weekend.  It's so quiet today.  I listened to Christmas music all day, cleaned, played and created.  It's a good Monday.

Onward and Upward,

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is SO pretty! Love the colors you used! I would love to be in Italy this time of year. It must be so beautiful.

all the days of our life said...

This is beautiful.

magicwanda said...

Super nice card...Love the colors.
Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers

Jeri said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful design with us at CCC. Loved hearing about the Italian holiday, thanks for sharing that too.

Nancy Sanders said...

What a cool card, love the colors, love the scene created, so creative. Thanks for joining the fun at CCC.

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Great card Penny...love the colors you used!!! Thanks for joining us this week at CCC!!!

Terry

Unknown said...

It is beautiful Pen! I haven't gotten brave enough to try one yet. Maybe soon. I still haven't done Christmas cards yet. LOL! I have a feeling I will be doing last minute ecards.

Lijit Search Wijit