Monday, July 28, 2014

Sunny Days

I successfully planted and grew sunflowers this year.  I have such a black thumb and I've never been able to get them to grow.  I have been successful also with pumpkins this year. In the spring, when I planted these plants, it hailed.  I lost the corn, wildflowers, and carrots in that storm.  

This is my thank you card with sunflowers and impatiens.  The banner is a "Thanks" stamp from Close To My Heart's Wonderful Wreath.  I weaved the wreath out of some rather stiff twine to give it a kind of grapevine wreath feel.  I sewed the wreath into the card. Then, I began adding rows of branches.  I used Martha Stewart's branch cut for them.  I  used a Marvy punch for the sunflowers and impatiens.  Add some fall color backgrounds, polka dot embossing and someone will appreciate this thank you note.  

I really love sunflowers.  However, I do NOT like the dog days of HOT summer.  Staying inside and crafting cards seems like a much more fun thing to do. 



Smaller photo to show that the inside has layers as well.  


Have a happy day!

Entered this card in the following challenge:
Charisma Cardz Challenge - Use Twine, Charm or Ribbon
Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge -  Anything Goes
Pile It On - #30 Use Embossing
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenge: Polka Dots

4 comments:

Jac’s Playground said...

A beautiful wreath on your card, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

Nikki Foraker said...

Really pretty! I like how you did the greeting! ♥

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Love how you used your twine to make a "grapevine" wreath! Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week!
Tina- DT

BethieJ said...

LOVELY Card!
Thank You for joining us at PIO last week!! Hope you will join us again soon!
Have a GREAT day!!

Lijit Search Wijit