Saturday, June 26, 2010

Journal Swap

Recently, I participated in my first journal swap.  I've never altered a journal before and I was willing to try.  After I saw some of the ones that other people did, I was overwhelmed with how beautiful their work was.  I feel like mine didn't measure up, but it was my first time and now I will have more knowledge on how to do one.  I just love learning to do new things.  Here is a picture of the one I did and I will put of pictures of the one I get when I receive it. 

 
She wanted to use her journal to record birthdays.  Thus the calendars on the front from young to old.  I included the months inside and pockets to put other notes.

And because my partner was an Army Wife, I made a second one for her to use in her purse or her car, it was much smaller and included a pen.  I got this stamp from 2 red bananas and the sentiment is "I Salute You."  I also had some "Army" silver tags and used them on the elastic closure.

6 comments:

Crystal said...

Penny I love them both!!! I love the stamping and lined paper on the first and the cute baby! The second one made me LOL! I love that little image! I will have to go find him!!! Great job, I am soooo happy you decided to play!!!!!

Kate said...

I think you did a fabulous job, Penny! I've never done a journal either. I can't wait to see what you receive in return. How fun!

Joanne said...

Greetings Pen! What wonderful creations you have been up to! I really like your journaling goodies, very nice. It's always so nice to try something new - I just can't wait to even get back to same ole', same ole'! I'm hanging in there, some days are better than others, but hey, such is life. I send hugs and best wishes for a wonderful weekend. Miss visiting more often. Aloha, J:)

Anonymous said...

What a great idea to swap journals! I love these, Penny! That little army looking guy on the cover is too darn cute!

Valerie said...

Your journals are very cute!! I love the idea of a birthday journal- very smart:)

Bobbi said...

These are so cute.

Lijit Search Wijit