Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Envelope Wedding Gift

Happy Wednesday all.  Today I have designed a wedding gift card holder out of an envelope that was in my kitchen junk drawer.  Practical Scrappers June challenge is to use something you found in your kitchen to repurpose. I have these envelopes in my kitchen to hold coupons.   Let me know what you think.
This started as an envelope measuring 6 1/4 x 4 1/4 inches.  This is a standard size envelope in Italy.  You can make yours any size you want.
I folded the envelope into a gate fold, meeting the two sides in the middle.
  
Then I cut the envelope flap where the folds were marked.  Sealing the two side flaps and leaving the center flap open to make the pocket.
 

Decorate as you want.  I made two panels for the inside flaps to cover where I had sealed the envelope flap and to give me a place to stamp my sentiments.
The Big Day and Congrats are on the cartridge Beyond Birthdays.  Stampalicious stamps.
Home Decor Swirl. Stampin' Up Papers.  Flower Quicklet from Eyelet Outlet

Challenge
Practical Scrappers June Challenge~ Kitchen Re-purpose
Craftalicious Challenge - New

16 comments:

Bobbi said...

This is so cute and inventive. TFS

Sasya said...

oh my god!!! this is just gorgeous!! :) love it!!
thanks a lot for playing along with Practical Scrappers!!

hugs,
Sasya

Katie said...

Love this!!! I have this cartridge too... I think I might need to make my own version of your card!!!

Karen said...

Great use of the envelope. Awesome tutorial - I think I will try this out! Thanks for entering Practical Scrappers' Monthly bonus challenge. Good luck - Karen

Joanna said...

Awesome card! I need to try out that fold.tfs!

Ruthie said...

That is just so stinking clever!!!!! Am gonna have to play at this!

Rx

DtsArt said...

This is so cute!!

mary stuart said...

WOW Penny! This is incredible! Love it.

Kate said...

This is amazing Penny!! What a great idea for a gift card holder!!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Penny, another gorgeous project! You never cease to amaze me.... love it all!

Anonymous said...

I just love your work! I found your site looking at one of your cards card on another site and I'm sure glad I clicked through! Great job, your very talented.

Nikki Foraker said...

HOLY COW!!! This is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! WHOA!!! ;o) I LOVE it!!

Nikki

gina g said...

Wow what a fantastic idea and i love the papers too, i think i'll have a go at one of these. Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious for our first challenge. luv gina xx

Unknown said...

Absolutely brilliant, just love this!

Thanks so much for joining us for our first challenge at Craftalicious

Jan xx

Unknown said...

Penny,
this is such an awesome idea! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Practical Scrappers! THe tut is fab!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Jacqui said...

What a fantastic idea. I am definitely going to have a go a making one of these.

Lijit Search Wijit