Monday, May 3, 2010

CELEBRATE the TEACHERS!

This week on FANTABULOUS CRICUT the challenge was to create something for the teacher with an apple shape on it.  Teacher appreciation week is coming up, May 3-7 and I wanted to do something fun for my sister. 

This apple pen holder is made out of toilet paper rolls.  

Apples cut at 5 inches on heavy card stock, four times, twice in red, twice in white. 
Shadow feature, apple cut twice at 5" on heavy card stock.




The toilet paper rolls were were wrapped inside and out and around the bottom with black card stock. then glued together.


I attached the apples on both sides and then filled with these fun colored gel pens. 

I read that teachers say they would like anything that shows appreciation, just no more coffee mugs. Ha ha ha.  This is a simple gift and could even be filled with candies or other goodies.  

Show your appreciation and then post your photo at Fantabulous Cricut

12 comments:

Crystal said...

Penny as a former teacher, who still has a teachers heart, I LOVE THIS! I would be so excited to get this over another coffee mug or knick knack, this is something you can USE and is CUTE! Great job sweetie! I am also a sucker for office supplies so this would have been perfect for me!

Anonymous said...

Very creative!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love this, Penny! I knew I was saving all of those tp rolls for something, just didn't know what! LOL! What a great idea! Love the big red apple! Oh, and I am lovin' the new blog look!

Angi Barrs said...

Love this Penny. I need to make one of these as a teacher gift this year.

Ruthie said...

I really like this - such a good idea. Another use for toilet rolls is to flatten them and then use it as a kind of pocket - put a piece of cardboard inside with ribbon (almost like a bookmark) and put photos on each side (of the inserted cardboard) -decorate the outside of the tp roll - makes a really sturdy little bragbook for a nanna's handbag! There is one on my blog somewhere!

Rx

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Penny, how clever is this!!! I know she will love it and appreciate all your hard work. Very, very nice. Happy Monday!

BrendaB said...

What a cute gift! Love the idea of using the tp rolls!

flowerdisco said...

Penny...excellent project. I am astonished here at how creative we can be and frugal, lol

great-great idea!

Dardi said...

This is too clever. I love this idea

Anonymous said...

This is so cute!! You will love Locker Talk!!

DtsArt said...

This is such a cute little idea, simple and quick to make. I made a sun using this ideas. Thanks so much for sharing!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

What a cool idea!
:-)

Lijit Search Wijit