Follow by Email

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Something for the Mom

Challenge 7 from the Fantabulous Cricut is something for that special mom.  Well my daughter in Love will be celebrating her first mother's day this year and I wanted to make something to put her gift in.  There's Godiva chocolate and a milefiori glass necklace from Murano.

I made this little chest of drawers from Tags Bags, Boxes and More.  The matchbox 1 cut 4 times at 5 inches (inside drawer and outside wrapper).  Scored at the tic lines.  I used Terrifically Tacky Tape to hold it together.  I stuck one on top of each other and put together with Tacky Glue and set aside to dry with a rubber band around them.  While that was drying I cut the matchbox 1 again, twice on the blackout feature.  I cut off just the ends and used them to cover the drawer sections of the matchbox.  


I measured around the boxes all stuck together.  I first covered the back part of the dresser,
then, measured and cut around the boxes and made sure the seam was on the bottom.

 


Lastly, I punched small brads in each drawer face for pulls, inked around the edges and
decorated the top. 


If you don't have Tags, Bags, Boxes and More, you could do the same thing with 4 matchboxes.  Just dump out the matches.

Entered in the following challenges

Post a Comment

Lijit Search Wijit