Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Something for the Mom

Challenge 7 from the Fantabulous Cricut is something for that special mom.  Well my daughter in Love will be celebrating her first mother's day this year and I wanted to make something to put her gift in.  There's Godiva chocolate and a milefiori glass necklace from Murano.

I made this little chest of drawers from Tags Bags, Boxes and More.  The matchbox 1 cut 4 times at 5 inches (inside drawer and outside wrapper).  Scored at the tic lines.  I used Terrifically Tacky Tape to hold it together.  I stuck one on top of each other and put together with Tacky Glue and set aside to dry with a rubber band around them.  While that was drying I cut the matchbox 1 again, twice on the blackout feature.  I cut off just the ends and used them to cover the drawer sections of the matchbox.  


I measured around the boxes all stuck together.  I first covered the back part of the dresser,
then, measured and cut around the boxes and made sure the seam was on the bottom.

 


Lastly, I punched small brads in each drawer face for pulls, inked around the edges and
decorated the top. 


If you don't have Tags, Bags, Boxes and More, you could do the same thing with 4 matchboxes.  Just dump out the matches.

Entered in the following challenges

13 comments:

Crystal said...

Penny I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! So fun and I know she will love it!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!! That is so creative. I love this cart, but would never have thought to make a dresser out of the cuts. I'm sure she will love it!

Anonymous said...

This is FABULOUS, Penny!!! I wish I had the patience to do something like this. I like your suggestion of using matchboxes... even that would prove to be a challenge for me! LOL! The paper you used is gorgeous! What a great MIL you are!!!

Angi Barrs said...

Love your take on the challenge this week. Beautiful!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

This is so beautiful! I am sure she will love it and the goodies are great! How creative that project is, love it. Happy Monday!

Random Acts of Krafting said...

So very pretty. What a wonderful gift.
Hugs
Tanya

BrendaB said...

What a creative way to use that matchbox cut, Penny! This is such a lovely gift!

Unknown said...

I love the box.. I also love the colors used

flowerdisco said...

wow! this is a great box...love the drawers...so cute...tfs!

Team Chappy said...

Great idea! And I've never heard the term "Daughter in Love" before - what a beautiful way to put it! :)

Valerie said...

What a cool box...another cartridge I am going to have to get;)

Lynne said...

Beautiful!! Thanks for joining us this week at Cricutters Anonymous!
Lynne CA DT

Lori (THCEO) said...

What a beautiful set of drawers! I just love this idea and will definitely be trying this one! Thanks for the awesome inspiration! :)

--Lori

Lijit Search Wijit