Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mother's Day/Spring

I've been working on this card for my mother -in -law for Mother's day.... which is this Sunday, March 14, in Europe.  Ever have one of those cards you work on and work on and you just never like it?  This is one of those for me. It just didn't turn out the way I envisioned and it frustrated me.

I used the cricut card feature on Stretch My Imagination to cut the base.  I added 2 layers of square cut outs for depth.  I cut out the mom and mother words by layering on the words in DS and cutting them out.  The flowers are cut from an EK Success punch, the swirls are from Lyrical Letters and a CTMH stamp.  Friend is cut on the cricut with shrinky dink material and shrunk. Flower brads for center of flowers and ribbon I had on hand.

 





Cricut Cardz Challenge - #6 Spring
Cute Card Thursday - Celebrations - Celebrating Mom
Sophisticat challenges - Flourish and Bling
I LOVE CUPCAKES Blog ~Challenge 81 Flower Power
Charisma Cards ~ Add a Butterfly
Paper Cutz Challenge - Anything Goes

16 comments:

Heather said...

I think it turned out cute. I think sometimes we are our own worst critic.

Allison said...

sucha cute card
Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma
AllisonX

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

this is gorgeous!!!!!!!! Love it!!!!!

Live Love and Scrap said...

Really beautiful!!! I love all the details =)

N2ScrapN4Fun said...

This card is gorgeous both inside and out. I love it.

Shelly said...

Hi! I think your card turned out just beautifully, but I have those days when it just doesn't turn out the way you wanted! I especially like the words and the lovely inside detail! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week!
Hugs Shelly ;)

shelly said...

penny this is so very pretty! lovely colors, perfect details.

shelly said...

ps forgot to thank you for sharing this at papercutz :)

Jeri said...

Penny--Love this spring card. I think it's just lovely and your mother-in-law will love it. I know what you mean, though. I have cards I do sometimes that I just don't like at all. But you don't have to worry about this one.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card, so pretty, love the flourishes.
Thanks for joining us for Lisa's challenge at Sophisticats, hope to see you again next time
hugs Mandy DT xx

Helen Dooley said...

how beautiful! Im sure your mother in law will love it. Thanks for sharing with us this week at PCC.

Unknown said...

Well I personally think it is fabulous and your MIL will love it, thank you so much for joining us at Sophisticats this week. Hugs Avril xx

Unknown said...

I agree with Avril above, its fabulous, hun, a lot of work has gone into this, she will love it. thanks for playin with us at crafty cardmakers xx

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful, Penny! Love the open window and all the pretty, spring colors! MIL is sure to love it!

OScrappyDayz said...

This is a gorgeous! I love it. How did you mange to cleanly cut out the square.. I am so inspired for my next card.

Tasha said...

Beautiful card, fabulous design and i love the butterfly
Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz
love tasha xx

Lijit Search Wijit