Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Next New Thing

Crafting is nothing if not the next new thing.  Where would the craft business be without it?  And, I would be bored without it. (smile)  This is my S card another differing fold from my norm.  PLUS it has many many layers of textures, ribbons, papers, etc.  I'm usually a simple girl.  I like a simple (usually funny) message and a pretty simple card.  However, since I got my cricut, I've tried more and more difficult things and a menagerie of contrivances. 


 


Last night while talking with my DH, we discussed how peer groups never go away.  They are just different and older.  I covet some of the talents of my fellow card makers and long for this new thing or that new machine.  Really growing up though is learning to hone your own craft and be challenged to make it better.  I'm really grateful for the Cricut Message Boards, fellow crafters and challenges that teach me to be better at my craft.

George for all the squares and rectangles
Storybook
Cuttlebug embossing folders
Fiskars
Holepunch
Several different ribbons
Stash paper


Fruity Colors Challenge #3 - Charisma Cards - Banana and Strawberry Swirl & Sunshine


12 comments:

Unknown said...

How in the world do you get your fiskars plates to come out looking so great? I have just decided to ditch mine, they NEVER look good. Always too light and ugly

Unknown said...

Umm Where did my comment go ?

How do you get your Fiskars plates to look so good? My never turn out right ... ive given up!

Audrey said...

What a pretty card! I love that fold. The colors are nice and springy (is that even a word? lol)Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Love the colors...what a pretty card Penny!! Thanks for joining us at CCC this week!!

Terry

Jeri said...

Super S-Fold card. The colors are so peaceful together. Thanks for playing at Cricut Cardz Challenge.

Rosanne said...

Pretty!

N2ScrapN4Fun said...

This is so soft and pretty. Beautiful.

Piali said...

Very pretty!! TFS with Pile it on...
Hugs
Piali

Joanne said...

So pretty! I love all the fancy details and the embellishments, super! And such nice bright sunny colors. Aloha, J:)

Joy said...

Pen...I LOVE this card!! I agree, how in the world do you make the Fiskars look so good ???Mine never do! Thanks for leaving such sweet comments on my blog....they make my day!!! I dont know how you have a son old enough to be deployed...you look like a youngin yourself !!!
xoxoxo Joy

shelly said...

pretty card penny its so soft and delicate thanks for sharing over at ccc

Edna Marie said...

Penny
Beautiful card love all the details the butterfly and such soft colors, Thank You for all your wonderful comments on my blog and the MB

Huggs
Pink E

Lijit Search Wijit