Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Brazil Blues

Tom is off to Brazil and so I am alone..... and keeping busy as best I can with creating cards.  I'm behind in the Cricut Fairy Army cards and so I had to get several done.  Plus, I had signed up to do a challenge on a blog and I didn't read the instructions right.  I created the Flaming O card and it wasn't about Flamingo's, it was about using ready-made embellishments.  So, I started over, but since I am "blue" all I could think of is how much some flowers would cheer me up. I don't think MY flowers would win a challenge, but I did enjoy them very much.  I have several kids on the fairy list that need "kid" oriented cards.  I'm not very good with that.  I also have a man card that I have to work on.  Those are the hardest.... do men really care about the cards that they get??   I don't have an answer for that... it's just out there.

Flower & Friendship Card for Challenge
The Friendship tag is chipboard and several of the flowers.
Some flowers are from George, added a corner brad.


Bird & Friendship Card, also included in Challenge
The bird is chipboard, the flowers are from George, the red frame & stems from Home Decor.
The Friendship is chipboard.


Monkey Fun (for a kid)


The Palm Trees are from SYI and the Monkey from New Arrival.  I chopped him all up and turned him and flipped his parts to make him swing from the tree with a sign.  I saw someone's card on the cricut boards where they had a stamp that looked like this.  I don't have a stamp.


This next card I totally scraplifted from a card made with felted flowers.  I just doubled up the paper then folded each petal.  I don't remember where I saw the card or to whom to give the credit.  I like it okay, it wasn't too hard to do and I can get it in the mail quickly.  The colors are my favorite.







And one for my nephew for Halloween.... Jolee's stickers and Lyrical Letters.  The Happy Halloween is computer generated.
.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Look now I have a blog too!
Didn't intend to. It doesn't have anything on it, but I have one too!
I love the monkey!
I guess I will have to find a cheap George to play with.
Did you use chalk on the flowers?

Unknown said...

Just wondering if you have made any money off the ads on your blog page. Not that anyone would have a reason to go to my blog page... I was just wondering how that would work.

Lijit Search Wijit