Monday, May 18, 2015

Slingshots and spots

I love love love, OkieLadyBug.  She's hilarious and it makes my day to read her blog.  If you haven't seen her or read some of her stuff here's a good chance: OkieLadyBug Facebook Chit.  Loved it.
I

Okay, this week I'm using the free digi of Boy with Slingshot from Little Scraps of Heaven Designs. 
I'm still learning to use the Copic techniques I learned in my standard certification class.  I'm so limited in Copic marker supply, so I really have to do base stuff like layering and layering color, but also finding the right card-stock that won't pill.

I did this card for a challenge over at Crafty Card Makers. and at Cardabilities Sketch Challenge.  But, life got in the way and I didn't get it posted. But one of my favorite challenge sites Craft Your Passion, I was in time for.  Yay!

Here is what I learned on this card: To make the splotches, I held my copic marker down on the page so the color bled onto the paper.  I then took the colorless blender and set it on top of the splotch so that it got that drip look.  Short flicks to make the splotch spread and dot it around and the splotches are good.


The quadruple layer of this card keeps some interest and I made 2 of the backgrounds. 
For the knees of the overalls I used a crosshatch pen method and the colorless blender to make the thread bare look of most little boys pants in the knees.


I'm learning so much.  While participating in challenges keeps me interested, playing in my art, touches my heart! 


No comments:

Lijit Search Wijit