Friday, October 29, 2010

Polymer Clay and the Cricut

This is my Cricut Polymer Clay project.  All the items in this box have been made using polymer clay on the cricut except for the pearls and stickles.

LET ME TELL YOU how excited I am about the new baby cricut cake!  The same size as my baby cricut but works like the cricut cake, NOW I will be able to do more things with  my polymer clay on the cricut.

 The clay cuts like fondant.  Sticks well to the mat and is easy to cut using the deep cut blade.  The problem with using the baby cricut is that it puts lines down the clay where the rollers go. The problem with using clay on your cake machine is that you would then have to dedicate the cake machine to clay.  Now I will be able to have a small machine that works for my clay because I don't care about doing cakes.
I used Winter Woodlands, Stretch My Imagination and George for this project that was published over at Practical Scrappers.  It was also fun to use another medium with my cricut!!

12 comments:

Saundra said...

This really neat, Penny! I would have never thought to use clay in the cricut.

Bobbi said...

This is really pretty. I never thought to cut clay with my Cricut. TFS

Maureen Reiss said...

Oh! Thanks alot! I love polymer clay, never thought of cutting it w/ cake. What a great idea. now I need a cake machine. lol

Unknown said...

I love your clay project and your new layout too!

MoonDust Bath and Body said...

Awesome!!!! I must try this. I love your picture you did.

Joanne said...

How exciting for you Pen! This is a beautiful project, I love the colors and design. Enjoy using your Cricut for a new medium, I can't wait to see what you do next!! Aloha, J:)

Joy said...

What a great project!!!! LOVE the clay....girl, don't be enabling me...now I think I want that mini cake cricut !!!! :)

Kate said...

How clever!! This is fantastic, Penny! I've never heard of anybody cutting polymer clay before. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Hi, i think that i saw you visited my web site thus i came to go back the choose?
.I am trying to to find issues to enhance my website!I assume its adequate to make use of a few of your ideas!
!

My webpage - Cheap Oakley Sunglasses

Anonymous said...

When some one searches for his required thing, so he/she desires to be available
that in detail, thus that thing is maintained over here.

Anonymous said...

Other benefits including to be able to look for
any movie you would like by using title, actor or genre, and having free self-addressed envelopes back on your video returns are added bonuses,
but all in all, there appears to be few arguments against renting or even in favor of buying DVDs.
The theatre where this tango show is held is quite
large and may seat 1500 people. However, to this day, there are lots of people across America,
who prefer letting their family and friends click photographs
and continue to capture memorable moments
of these wedding day.

Anonymous said...

Great web site you have here.. It's hard to find high
quality writing like yours nowadays. I seriously appreciate individuals like
you! Take care!!

Lijit Search Wijit